Video is a great marketing tool for small businesses. It’s relatively easy to create, publish and share. Video on your website can increase your visitors time on site, can improve click through rates and can increase purchases but only…if you add the video on your website.
Advantages Of Embedded Videos
An embed code is a small chunk of code that YouTube provides. This code pulls the video and video player information from YouTube and displays it on your website without having to upload the video to your WordPress media library.
If we have many videos in our library it will increase the size of our database which could lead to longer load times and poor performance of your website.
Another advantage is that Google Loves YouTube. Google owns YouTube and likes to promote it’s services so having videos on YouTube and shared could lead to better SEO rankings.
If your not making videos here are 2018 video stats to get excited about starting.
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day
- The average user will spend 88% more time on a website if it has video
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engine result pages
How To Embed YouTube Videos in WordPress
- Visit your YouTube video page and click the Share button
- Click embed and edit the settings based on your preferences
- Copy the embed code
- Paste the embed code in the WordPress HTML editor
– OR –
- Copy the YouTube short URL
- Paste the short URL in the WordPress visual editor
- Save your page or post
Please note that some themes may have built in ways of adding YouTube embed code.
Video Marketing Tips
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound so be sure to add captions to your video
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement
- If you’re really trying to drive traffic to your website, upload video clips to social media sites and include links to watch the entire video on your website.
Embedding WordPress Video Issues?
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or issues.