In the most simple of terms, to monitor keywords you need to pay attention to both the words you use to describe your good/service as well as which words your customers are using to find your website. Having a strong keyword strategy allows you to attract more web visitors who are specifically looking for the kind of thing you’re offering.
To get the clearest picture of this keyword story, there are a few Google tools you can use. Let’s learn about them.
Let’s Discuss Your Keyword Goals
How to Monitor Keywords
Monitoring keywords is an ongoing process that requires attention and adjustment. Here’s how to do it effectively:
- Keyword Research: Begin by identifying relevant keywords and phrases related to your business or content.
- Set Clear Goals: Define your objectives for keyword monitoring. Are you looking to boost organic traffic, track competitors, or improve SEO?
- Choose a Monitoring Tool: Select a reliable keyword monitoring tool such as Google Analytics, Moz, Ahrefs, or SEMrush. Or choose a few. Most of these services offer a free account so you can test them out before purchasing.
- Track Your Website: Integrate your website with the chosen monitoring tool to regularly analyze your keyword performance.
- Competitor Analysis: Keep an eye on your competitors. Identify the keywords they’re targeting and track their rankings.
- Content Optimization: Use keyword insights to optimize your website content. Update or create new content around high-performing keywords.
- Adapt and Refine: Keyword trends evolve, so be ready to adapt your strategy. Experiment with new keywords and tactics based on your monitoring results.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a handy tool that will allow you to verify that you own your website to gain access to insights that allow you to better understand your web visitors. While there is a lot of information contained in the console, the performance dashboard is the most helpful to learn which keywords and phrases people use to find your website.
To get started, create an account by going to the Google Search Console website. You’ll then need to be able to verify your website. There are a few different ways you can do this based on the type of website you have. Google offers an extensive list of step-by-step instructions on a provider-specific basis that that makes it really easy, but you can always enlist the help of an hourly web development service to take care of this as well.
Once the search console has populated with information, you’ll be able to see the various words and phrases that people have typed into Google for which your website appeared as a result. Additionally, you’ll be able to see how many of those views resulted in a click to your website as well as what your average ranking is. This information can help you to shape the way you create and maintain your website to increase your ranking for the keywords that are most likely to get you the result you’re looking for be it site visitors, completed shoppers, or something else.
It is helpful to note that Bing also has a very similar product in Bing Webmaster Tools. While the share of Bing users is much smaller than that of Google users, Bing’s user demographics can line up especially well for certain industries. To make it really easy, set up your Bing search console after you complete the Google set up for a single sign-on experience.
Once you have your search console set up, you’ll want to add it to your Google Analytics account. Google Analytics is a free web tool that allows website owners to understand their websites and the visitors who come to it. By installing a piece of code on your website, you can access a variety of insights. You’ll be able to track how many times videos were watched, buttons were clicked, and so much more. Google Analytics allows you to connect your other Google services like AdWords, AdExhanger, as well as Search Console, so you can have a unified look at how search engines see your website’s keywords, what keywords visitors are looking for, and spot opportunities in the difference.
Monitoring Keywords Conclusion
In conclusion, the practice of monitoring keywords is undeniably essential in the world of online visibility and digital marketing.
Remember, it’s not just about the words you use to describe your goods or services; it’s about understanding which keywords your customers are using to find you.
Monitor keywords and fine-tune your content, improve your search engine rankings, and attract more of the right kind of web visitors – those actively seeking what you have to offer.
Looking to gain all the insight without having to perform the technical set up? Contact Neur today for affordable WordPress web development services.